Practice Test 3
Note: These questions are representative of the types of questions you can expect on the test.
The actual test will be longer, typically between 20-40 questions.
You will need to bring a SCANTRON answer sheet to each test.
1. Which of the following is a weak electrolyte?
c. C6H12O6 (glucose)
2. According to the solubility rules which one of the following is soluble in water?
3. In accordance with the solubility rules, which of the following rules is true
when aqueous solutions of Pb(NO3)2 and KI are mixed?
a. KNO3 will precipitate; Pb2+ and I - are spectator ions
b. no precipitate will form
c. Pb(NO3)2 will precipitate; K+ and I - are spectator ions
d. PbI2 will precipitate; K+ and NO3- are spectator ions
e. Pb2+ and I - are spectator ions and PbI2 will precipitate
4. Which is the chemical formula of the salt produced by neutralization of sodium hydroxide and sulfuric acid?
5. The oxidation number of Mn in KMnO4 is:
a. + 8
b. + 7
c. + 5
d. - 7
e. - 8
6. In the following reaction the oxidizing agent is:
5 H2O2 + 2 MnO4- + 6 H+ ---> 2 Mn2+ + 8 H2O + 5 O2
7. Consider the following solution reaction:
AlCl3 + 3 AgNO3 ---> 3 Ag Cl + Al (NO3)3
What volume of 0.100 M AlCl3 will exactly react with 55.0 mL of 0.162 M of AgNO3
a. 89.1 mL
b. 9.90 mL
c. 46.2 mL
d. 29.7 mL
e. none of the above
8. What is the molarity of a solution that
contains 4.0 moles of solute in 2000.0 mL of solution?
a. 0.50 M
b. 1.0 M
c. 2.0 M
d. 4.0 M
e. 10.0 M
9. If 15 grams of sodium nitrate were added to water to make 2.50 liters
of solution, what would be the molarity of the resulting solution?
a. 0.17 M
b. 2.3 M
c. 6.0 M
d. 0.071 M
e. 37.5 M
10. If 25.0 mL of a 0.500 M sulfuric acid solution
is diluted to 100.0 mL with water, the resulting solution's molarity will be:
a. 2.00 M
b. 1.00 M
c. 50.0 M
d. 0.25 M
e. 0.125 M
Check your answers